Friday, November 13, 2009

My Bike Arrived From Singapore 僕のバイクはシンガポールから到着した

After waiting for almost 5 weeks, my beloved MTB finally arrived in Kyoto. Here is the process:
1. Ask my friends for a favor to pack and send my bike.
2. Wait for them to have a precious free day on a weekend to pack my bike at my place in Singapore.
3. Took a lot of effort in finding the right box, packing materials, dismantle my bike, search for all bike accessories in my room and pack all of them in.
4. It turned out that the dimension of the package had exceed the limit. It could not be shipped.
5. Waited for another one week and my father managed to unpack and repack to the allowable dimension. Big thank you to him.
Inside the package:
1. My bike
2. LAS Helmet
3. Bicycle lock and tools
4. Camel water bag
5. Spare tubes.
6. Cycling jerseys and tights
7. SIDI cycling shoes
I recommend to pack the wheel separately with protection for the spokes. Once the spokes are bended or pressed for a long time, the wheel will out of true which happened to mine. :(
It was dismantled until the crank, stem, paddles, rear-D.
I spent one evening giving it a wash in the bathroom, then I washed the bathroom and then I washed myself. It was greasy everywhere.
Et Voila! with my German guest in the background preparing a meal.
My bike profile:
Frame: GT Avalanche 1.0 2000
Fork: Rockshox Judy TT
Wheel set: Mavics, XTR hub
Seat post: Scott
Saddle: Specialized
Saddle bag: Trek
Front and Rear blinkers: Sigma
Rear-d: Shimano XT 9 speed
Front-d: Shimano Acera
Crank set: Shimano Deore LX
Handle bar: Eastern carbon fibre
Speedometer: Cateye mitty
Grip: Yeti
Paddle: Crank Brother Egg beater

No comments:

Post a Comment